The Transformational Journey offers short presentations on the topic of personal and business transformation.
The Hero’s Journey: A Process of Personal Transformation
Explore the hero’s journey as a process of personal transformation.
The process begins with the hero’s decision to leave his or her comfortable, ordinary life and step into a transformative adventure in an unfamiliar world. During the journey, the hero faces all sorts of trials or tests that challenges and transforms him or her. At the end of the journey, the hero returns home changed and empowered by new insights and wisdom about life that he or she wants to share with others.
During this presentation, you will learn about 6 success strategies and 5 lifestyle practices that can accelerate and facilitate a more joyful transformational process.
Length: 45-60 minutes
Target Audience: 5-100
We currently offer two workshops that we can customize to fit your group’s needs. In 2013, we will offer these workshops as public events. Subscribe to our e-mail list if you would like to receive registration information about these upcoming online events or check back periodically for dates and times on our calendar of events.
1. The Transformational Journey: Beginnings & Endings
Length: 4 hours
Target Audience: Individuals interested in understanding the process of transformation as a journey that begins with a decision to change and ends with the beginning of a NEW life.
Recommended Audience Size: 8-15 participants
The process of personal transformation is a journey. It is a hero’s journey that involves three stages: (1) the departure from the known, (2) the path of trials through which the hero is challenged and transformed and finally, (3) the return home of the transformed hero. The ease and speed at which you travel this path is determined your understanding of the process and your ability to adapt to the challenges you face on your journey.
This workshop is designed as an introduction to the transformational journey. During the workshop the following six success strategies will be introduced and explored:
1. Challenging My Way of Seeing: Practicing Discernment & Reframing
2. Overcoming Fear: Managing Emotions & Cultivating Courage
3. Reducing Clutter: Creating Focus & Staying In Alignment
4. Confronting The Unknown: Getting Clarity of Vision
5. Breaking Through Isolation: Building Community
6. Overcoming Paralysis: Becoming Proactive
During this 4 hour workshop, you will learn how to use these six strategies to accelerate your growth through the transformational process as well as to create a less stressful and more joyful transformational process.
Learning modalities include: Mini-Lecturette, Small Group Activities and Individual Self-Reflective Exercises.
2. The Tools of Transformation
Target Audience: Individuals interested in learning how to become more self-reflective and self-aware.
Recommended Audience Size: 15-20
The process of personal transformation is full of challenges and trials that will test and tempt you. There are, however, 5 tools or practices that can assist you in the process:
- Self-Care: The daily habits and regularly scheduled routines that nuture you and give you the mental,emotional and physical strength to continue your journey–even in the face of your greatest fears.
- Affirmation: The use of positive statements and positive self-talk to re-program your mind to expand your self-perception.
- Gratitude: The creation and development of a sense of thankfulness and appreciation that re-directs your mind to focus on the abundance in your life.
- Journaling: The practice of keeping a written diary that explores your thoughts and feelings surrounding the events of your life.
- Meditation: The use of contemplative exercises to calm your mind, expand your awareness and enhance your sense of self.
In this two hour workshop, you will learn how to use and integrate each of these five tools on your transformational journey. Over time and with practice, these five tools will assist you in learning to love and appreciate who you are as a persona as well as help you to become more positive and self-aware as you work to transform yourself and your life.
Learning Modalities: Mini-Lecturette, Small Group Activities and Individual Self-Reflective Exercises.
About Laureen Quick
Laureen Quick is a Life Coach and Business Consultant for The Transformational Journey. Her clients are individuals and small business owners who are going through a transformational process. As a Life Coach, Laureen guides her clients through the process of personal transformation using the metaphor of the Hero’s Journey as a road map. As a Business Consultant, Laureen works with solo-preneurs and small business owners to transform their businesses through branding and engagement marketing.
To access her full biography, go to: Laureen Quick